Trainings listed here take place in the Maine region. Please note that both certified and non-certified trainers (who are willing to follow certain requirements of the Center for Nonviolent Communication) may be leading the posted trainings. Listing here is not an endorsement of the trainer or the event by the Maine NVC Network.
2015-2016 Maine NVC Integration Program
Details and registration
- Sept. 11-13
- Oct. 23-25
- Jan 15-17, 2016
- March 11-13, 2016
- May 20-22, 2016
Here's what some former participants have to say about the Integration Program:
- "The integration program has helped me gain a level of trust of others that I really didn't have before which has allowed me to open up and be a far more authentic human being." – Alton, from Swanville
- "After the first workshop my partner saw the positive impact the Integrated Program had on my communication skills. That alone is well worth the price." – Noreen, from Bar Harbor
- "I feel a wonderful sense of freedom with new awareness, and in many ways have transformed my thinking. Thank you, Peggy and Leah!" – Solange, from Falmouth
November 20-22, Bar Harbor, ME
with Robert Gonzales
Living in Compassion: Touching Beauty, Restoring Wholeness
FMI with online registration / Printable flyer with mail-in registration form
December 9-11, Belfast, ME
with Sarah Peyton
Transforming Addictive or Criminal Behavior
What Neuroscience and NVC Have to Offer
FMI / Online Registration
Level 1/ Introductory Offerings
Level 1 topics include:
This level is for the beginner, as well as those who have read books and seen tapes of the process and now want to have an experience trying it out with others.
- historical background; key foundations and assumptions;
- the 4 Steps: observation, feelings, needs, and requests;
- empathy, the energy that allows the process to work.
back to top
Level 2/ Intermediate Trainings
These workshops are for participants who have completed a Level 1 workshop and want more personalized practice integrating NVC skills into real life situations. These experiential workshops deepen our understanding and use of NVC in our everyday lives. A variety of empathy exercises and role-plays from the participants'’ current life situations enrich this process.
Contact the Maine NVC Network to schedule a Level 2 workshop in your area.
back to top
ONGOING Monthly Empathy Circle
Timing changed: NOW SECOND FRIDAY
of each month, 10am-1pm (formerly first Friday)
Open Communication office, 243 High Street, Belfast, ME
You are welcome to come when you can. If this is your first time coming, please contact Linda beforehand: Phone 207-322-2122 / email
Other Maine Events:
- Contact the Maine NVC Network to schedule an NVC event for your area!
back to top